NSDL provides depository services to investors and clearing members through market intermediaries called Depository Participants (DPs). NSDL does not charge the investors and clearing members directly but charges its DPs, who are free to have their own charge structure for their clients. NSDL charges to DPs are uniform for all DPs. Some charges are payable by Issuers also.
- Fee Payable by Depository Participants.
- Fee Payable by Issuers.
- A Comparative Chart of Fees Charged by the DPs.
Each Participant shall pay at the time of submitting its application to the Depository, a non-refundable Entry Fee of Rs. 25,000.
TRANSACTION RELATED FEES
The following transaction related fees shall be payable by the Participants to the Depository:
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction in a Client's account shall be charged to the Participant of the Client.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Re.1.00 per instruction in respect of securities received from the Clearing Corporation into the Pool account of each Clearing Member maintained with the Participant subject to a minimum of Rs. 1,000 and a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per quarter per CM Account shall be charged to the Participant.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction for transfer of securities by way of inter-settlement transfers in the CM Account(s) shall be charged to the Participant.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction for transfer of securities from the CM account of a Clearing Member to the CM account of another Clearing Member shall be charged to the Participant of the delivering Clearing Member.
Provided Further That No Settlement Fee Shall Be Charged
- in respect of commercial papers and short term debt instruments such as certificate of deposits, MIBOR linked papers etc.; and
- in case of
- transfers necessitated by transmission on death of the Client; and
- transfer of the accounts of Clients from one Participant to another as a consequence of expulsion or suspension of such Participant.
A fee at the rate of Rs.25 per instruction for creation of pledge / hypothecation shall be charged to the Participant of the pledgor/ hypothecator. No fee shall be charged when a pledge / hypothecation is closed or invoked.
FEE FOR DEMATERIALISATION & REMATERIALISATION
No fee shall be charged by the depository for dematerialisation of securities. Participant shall be charged the following fee for rematerialisation of securities:
- a fee of Rs.10 for every hundred securities or part thereof ; or
- a flat fee of Rs.10 per certificate,
whichever is higher.
No rematerialisation fee shall be charged for Government Securities.
In case the total fee billed to the Participants in a financial year is less than the minimum fee of Rs.1,00,000 then the Participant shall be charged the difference thereof.
Every Participant shall pay to the Depository Rs.10 lakh by way of interest free refundable security deposit. However, a Clearing Corporation or a Clearing House of a Stock Exchange will be exempt from payment of security deposit.
ANNUAL CUSTODY FEE
- An Issuer of listed securities shall pay an annual custody fee at the rate of Rs. 8 per folio (ISIN position) in NSDL, subject to a minimum amount as mentioned below, plus service tax as applicable:
- The above fee would be applicable on all securities i.e. equity, debt, units of mutual funds, pass through certificates, certificates of deposit, commercial papers, preference shares etc., except Government securities.
- The fee will be based on average number of folios (ISIN positions) during the previous financial year. Average number of folios (ISIN positions) will be arrived at by dividing the total number of folios (ISIN positions) for the entire previous financial year by the total number of working days in the said previous financial year.
Provided however that, in case the issued capital or ISIN positions increase during the financial year due to issue of further shares, by way of public offer, the custody fee would be charged on a pro-rata basis, at the time of such issue.
- The fee will be charged every year on a financial year basis and shall be payable by April 30 of that financial year.
If an Issuer fails to pay the fees mentioned under "Annual Custody Fee" by the due date, the Depository may charge interest @ 12% p.a. on the amount, from the due date of payment till the payment is received by the Depository. Provided further that the Depository may stop providing details of clients / clearing members / clearing corporation / intermediary to the Issuer and / or its Registrar and Transfer Agent as mentioned in the Bye Laws and Business Rules.
Provided further that the Depository may not permit the Issuer to use its infrastructure including for issue of further securities in electronic form.
|Nominal Value of Securities admitted (Rs.)||Amount (Rs.)|
|Upto 5 crore||6,000|
|Above 5 crore and upto 10 crore||15,000|
|Above 10 crore and upto 20 crore||30,000|
|Above 20 crore||50,000|
FEE FOR DISTRIBUTION OF NON-CASH CORPORATE BENEFITS
- In case of offers for sale by an offerer or disinvestment by GOI, bonus, rights, public issue, preferential issue, split, merger, demerger, capital reduction, redemption, etc., a fee at the rate of Rs. 10 per record for debits or credits to accounts as the case may be, shall be charged to the Issuer, subject to a minimum fee of Rs.1000 per corporate action.
- In case of issue of Commercial Papers, a fee of Rs.10,000/- (plus taxes) shall be levied on the Issuer for five issues of Commercial Papers during the financial year. Provided however that an additional fee of Rs. 10,000/- (plus taxes) shall be levied on the Issuer for every additional five issues.
- In case of issue of short term debt instruments viz; certificate of deposits, MIBOR linked papers etc., a fee of Rs. 10,000/- (plus taxes) shall be levied on the Issuer for five such issues made in a financial year. Provided however an additional fee of Rs.10,000/- (plus taxes) shall be levied on the Issuer for every additional five issues.
JOINING FEE BY ISSUERS
An Issuer of unlisted securities shall pay a joining fee of Rs. 20,000 plus taxes at the applicable rate at the time of joining NSDL, for the purpose of making its shares available for dematerialisation.
Provided however that in case the Issuer gets its securities listed on any recognised stock exchange within one year of joining NSDL, the joining fee paid by the Issuer will get adjusted against the one time custody fee or Annual Custody Fee, as the case may be.
If an issuer gets its securities delisted from all stock exchanges where its securities were listed, it shall pay joining fee of Rs. 20,000 plus taxes at the applicable rate. If an Issuer fails to pay the fees, the Depository may stop providing details of clients/ clearing members/ clearing corporation/ intermediary to the Issuer and / or its Registrar and Transfer Agent as mentioned in the Bye Laws and Business Rules. Provided further that the Depository may not permit the Issuer to use its infrastructure including for issue of further securities in electronic form.