Home : Joining NSDL : As a DP
Fee Payable by Depository Participants
Each Participant shall pay at the time of submitting its application to the Depository, a non-refundable Entry Fee of Rs. 25,000.
Transaction Related Fees
The following transaction related fees shall be payable by the Participants to the Depository
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction in a Client's account shall be charged to the Participant of the Client.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Re.1.00 per instruction in respect of securities received from the Clearing Corporation into the Pool account of each Clearing Member maintained with the Participant subject to a minimum of Rs. 1,000 and a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per quarter per CM Account shall be charged to the Participant.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction for transfer of securities by way of inter-settlement transfers in the CM Account(s) shall be charged to the Participant.
- A settlement fee at the rate of Rs.4.50 per debit instruction for transfer of securities from the CM account of a Clearing Member to the CM account of another Clearing Member shall be charged to the Participant of the delivering Clearing Member.
Provided further that no settlement fee shall be charged
- in respect of commercial papers and short term debt instruments such as certificate of deposits, MIBOR linked papers etc.; and
- in case of
- transfers necessitated by transmission on death of the Client; and
- transfer of the accounts of Clients from one Participant to another as a consequence of expulsion or suspension of such Participant.
A fee at the rate of Rs.25 per instruction for creation of pledge / hypothecation shall be charged to the Participant of the pledgor/ hypothecator. No fee shall be charged when a pledge / hypothecation is closed or invoked.
No fee shall be charged by the depository for dematerialisation of securities. Participant shall be charged the following fee for rematerialisation of securities
- a fee of Rs.10 for every hundred securities or part thereof ; or
- a flat fee of Rs.10 per certificate, whichever is higher.
No rematerialisation fee shall be charged for Government Securities.
In case the total fee billed to the Participants in a financial year is less than the minimum fee of Rs.1,00,000 then the Participant shall be charged the difference thereof.
Every Participant shall pay to the Depository Rs.10 lakh by way of interest free refundable security deposit. However, a Clearing Corporation or a Clearing House of a Stock Exchange will be exempt from payment of security deposit.