Home : Guided Tours : Investor : Trading & Settlement in Dematerialised Securities
Investor Guided Tour / Trading & Settlement in Dematerialised Securities
Securities transactions can be settled in demat form for the transactions done on stock exchanges connected to NSDL. At present, NSE, BSE, CSE, DSE, OTCEI, MSE, ISE & ASE are connected to NSDL.
Trading in dematerialised securities is done through your broker just like trading in physical securities.
- You sell your dematerialised securities in any of the stock exchanges linked to NSDL through a broker of your choice.
- You give instruction to your DP for debit of your depository account and credit of your broker's clearing member account before the deadline ( pay in / non pay in )prescribed by your DP, so that your broker's clearing account is credited at the time arranged with him. This instruction should be given using the 'delivery instruction slip' allotted to you by your DP.
- On the pay-in day, your broker gives instruction to his DP for delivery to clearing corporation/clearing house of the relevant stock exchange.
- The broker receives payment from the clearing corporation/ clearing house.
- You receive payment from the broker for the sale in the same manner you would receive payment for a sale in the physical mode.
- You purchase securities in any of the stock exchanges connected to NSDL through a broker of your choice and make payment to your broker. Make sure you tell your broker you want only demat shares.
- Broker arranges payment to clearing corporation/ clearing house of the stock exchange.
- Broker receives credit in his clearing account with his DP on the pay-out day. He can immediately transfer these securities to your depository account, provided your account is already active.
- Broker gives instructions to his DP to debit his clearing account and credit your depository account.